Heightened security and improved state of Wajir airport are expected to be key at boosting the economy of the country.
Cargo and passenger volumes at Wajir International Airport have also significantly improved.
According to Airport Manager Charles Kionga confirmed on the improvement of the airport saying it will immensely to the country’s economy.
“Wajir airport is the third largest and busiest in terms of passenger and aircraft movement. In the financial year 2015/2016, the airport had 15,000 aircraft movements and 123,000 passengers using the airport,” said Mr Kionga.
Wajir airport was primarily established for military. It was meant as control point for commercial flights from Somalia for security reasons.
The airport is located about four kilometres from Wajir town and approximately 100 kilometers from Gerille, on the border with Somalia
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud Urge African Leaders to Jointly Combat Terrorism in the Continent Somali’s president who had attended the recently Tokyo International Conference […]
- Turkish Airlines Resumes Mogadishu-Bound Flights OSINT SUMMARY Sunday 15th May 2016, Turkish airlines resumed direct flights […]
- SNA, KDF Troops Engage Al-Shabaab Terrorists in Fierce Gunfight in Gedo SNA and KDF troops engaged Al-Shabaab terrorists in a fierce gunfight in Gedo region […]
- South Sudan Conflict, Combating Terrorism Tops President Uhuru Kenyatta & U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry Discussion Monday 22nd August 2016, President Kenyatta and US Secretary of State John Kerry have […]
- Kenya, India Deal Set To Improve Maritime Security Kenya and India signed multimillion dollar trade agreements during the Indian Prime […]
- Somalia’s President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed to Visit Kenya Somalia’s President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed popularly known as […]
- Kenya, Ethiopia Discuss War on Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen Movement Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta and Ethiopia’s Prime Minister […]