- Cameroon has agreed to triple her troops’ contribution to the Multi-national task force against Boko Haram.
- Additionally, Cameroon has deployed about 500 navy officers to Lake Chad which in the past few weeks has been used for attacks by the Boko Haram.
- The response is in retaliation to OSINT reports that reported approximately 60 people drowned in the lake as they fled the militants that were shooting at them.
Lake Chad which borders Cameroon, Niger, Nigeria and Chad is purportedly being used by Boko Haram; Islamic State Western Province to orchestrate attacks on the West African countries.
Nigeria’s President Buhari has mobilized the five countries (Niger, Benin, Chad and Cameroon) that it borders to form an AU-backed task force that will fight the Islamist combatants in the region.
Cameroon borders Nigeria to the East with whom they share the Lake Chad alongside Chad and Niger. Lake Chad is purportedly now being used by the Boko Haram militants to conduct attacks in the region.
To that effect Cameroon has deployed about 500 navy servicemen to L. Chad to comb through the area and flash out the militants who are responsible for a recent drowning of 60 people that were fleeing from the militants that were shooting.
Additionally, Cameroon has agreed to estimated triple her troop commitment from 700 to 2450 to the multitask force that has been formed to fight the Boko Haram which is set to launch its operations soon.
The commitment both by Nigeria which is the operational base for the Boko Haram and the other countries in the region has been renewed to ensure the defeat of the Islamist militants that are aimed at establishing a caliphate.
Intensified and fresh strategies especially from Nigeria to defeat the militants range from a 3-month ultimate to the military to defeat the combatants and domestically produce weapons to deal with the setbacks and frustrations caused by the international partners’ refusal to sell weapons.
- Campaign Against Boko Haram Receives USD45 Million Military Assistance From The United States Event Summary: The United States on Thursday 24th September announced a USD45 million […]
- Cameroon Deploy 500 Troop Soldiers to Fight Boko Haram Insurgents OSINT SUMMARY Thursday 8th October 2015, Cameroon has sent a troop of 500 […]
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- Two Guinean UN Peacekeepers Killed in Attack in Northern Mali EVENT SUMMARY BAMAKO, 12th February 2016 Two Guinean peacekeepers were killed in […]
- Nigeria-Based Boko Haram Bombings Surge Hits Neighbouring Cameroon EVENT SUMMARY The Nigeria based Boko Haram terrorist group has over the past few […]
- Boko Haram Terrorist Group seen Weakening in Cameroon Boko Haram has drastically scaled down attacks in Cameroon in the recent months, […]
- Boko Haram Insurgency Likely to Fragment Nigeria Boko Haram has succeeded in pushing Nigerian government troops from several states in […]
- EU Sign 50 Million Euros Agreement to Help Multi-national Force against Boko Haram OSINT SUMMARY The European Union has signed a 50 million Euro agreement […]