Germany’s cabinet on Wednesday approved deployment of 8 attack and transport helicopters and 350 additional troops to Mali as part of UN peacekeeping missions.
The deployed helicopters are set to replace those of the Dutch army and the additional military troops with service and maintain the fleet.
After the deployment of additional 350 soldiers, Germany will have some 1,000 soldiers in Mali taking part in the 15,000-strong U.N. mission that oversees a peace deal agreed in 2015 between the government and rebels.
The additional deployments will have to be approved by the Bundestag, the lower house of parliament.
The four attack helicopters and a similar number of transport machines will stay in Mali until mid-2018.
The cabinet has also approved the extension of a mission in northern Iraq, where some 150 soldiers have been training Kurdish fighters battling Islamic State. That mandate also requires parliamentary approval.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- US Gives KDF New Helicopters to Boost War against Terrorism U.S government has given Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) six new helicopters to boost its […]
- Angola Acquires Four Mi-171 SH Helicopters MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Angola has received delivery of four Mi-171 from […]
- Russia Makes First Batch Delivery of Mi-28NE Helicopter to Algeria MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Russian Helicopters Corporation has started the […]
- German Troops To Be Deployed For Military Missions in Mali and Somalia OSINT SUMMARY, April 14, 2016 German cabinet has approved extension of their […]
- Germany to Deploy 650 Troops to Fight Islamic State (IS) Smuggling in Mediterranean OSINT SUMMARY Germany cabinet on Wednesday 14th September 2016 gave a green […]
- Russia To Consider Selling Arms To Somalia and Libya Once Situation Improves MILITARY ACQUISITIONS, May 12, 2016 Russia announced it is ready to supply […]
- Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) Receive Assorted Military Equipment from the British Government The Kenya Defense Forces on Wednesday 5/4/2017 officially received several […]