Improved intelligence sharing and strategy adoption program initiated by the National Intelligence Service, The Directorate of Military Intelligence, Criminal Intelligence, and the National Police Service is yielding desired results.
Collectively, joint teams have been working throughout the day, sharing information and making counter-strategies to combat the threat posed by terrorists.
All security teams involved in the rescue and counter-terrorism operation in the Garissa University College worked as a team.
They adopted strategies and agreed on core OPSEC, CT, and Strategic Deployment in the theater to achieve desired results.
Media has also played a significant role ensuring amplification of the attack was completely impossible.
This is indicative of security agencies working in harmony and passing the right information besides working even with the media to combat terrorism.
Global Security Challenge
Curbing terrorism is a global challenge not the preserve of Kenya which has been hard hit by the threat.
Kenya Police Service is likely to make inroads after the entry of Joseph Boinnet as the new chief.
Mr Boinnet is a career intelligence and police officer thus brings a wealth on incredible knowledge on both.
His good working relationship with the National Intelligence Service where he used to work before becoming IG Kenya Police will add new impetus to growth and development of the NPS as a professional, reliable and capable security force.
Counter-Terrorism strategies need to be properly studied, remodeled to suit emerging threats, and often used through simulations to ensure they can work.
Use of intelligence and effectively deploying adequate resources and security to areas prone to terrorism will go a long way to stymie the threat of terrorism.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- RECCE Commando’s Were Airlifted for Garissa Attack Operation The Office of the Inspector General of Police of Kenya has clarified GSU RECCE COY Unit […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Samantha Lewthwaite: British Al Shabaab Jihadi and Member of Al Shabaab Secret Service Behind Garissa University Attack Event: Gunmen launch a pre-dawn attack on Garissa University College on 2nd April 2015 […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorists With Military Grade RDX Explosives Arrested in Kenya’s During a Synchronized Inter-Agency CT Operation Kenya has conducted a successful inter-agency counter-terrorism operation on the […]
- Garissa University Triumphs Two Years Since Al-Shabaab Attack Sunday 2/4/2017 marked two year-anniversary since the Islamist terrorist group […]
- Kenya Defence Forces Deployed in CT – Ops along Porous Kenya–Somali Border Event Unfolding Series of would be terrorist attacks recently witnessed in […]