Latest military reports from Somalia indicate that Galmudug Forces continues to make significant gains against the Al Qaeda affiliated Al-Shabaab in southern Mudug region.
On Sunday 17th July 2016, a military commander confirmed the Galmudug interim administration forces had an intensive encounter with shebab fighters in Amara area that falls in southern Mudug.
According to Col Abdikarim Mohamed, a senior Galmudug forces commander, Galmudug forces managed to repulse the militants out of the area and took full control of area. The recapture of Amara locality also saw a number of militants killed as other retreated.
“The victory of Galmudug forces over Al-Shabab fighters and recapture of Amaara is the beginning of our Administration’s plan to wipe out Al-Shabaab fighters,” said Mohamed.
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- KDF Record Successful Operations since Somalia Entry In brief, looking into Kenya’s elite forces (KDF) successes since Somalia entry […]
- KDF Fighter Jets Pound Al-Shabaab Three Bases Near Jilib Town in Somalia MILITARY BRIEF, Somalia, March 6, 2016 Kenyan fighter jets continue to bomb […]
- Kenya Army Bombs Al Shabaab Camps in Gedo, Southern Somalia Kenya air-force conducted airstrikes targeting Somali Islamists in Gedo region of […]
- Somali Army & AMISOM Forces Kill 7 Al-Shabaab Militants in Gedo, Southern Somalia Latest military reports from Somalia indicate that Somali army backed by AMISOM […]
- Kenya’s Security in Northeastern Region Improved; Says County Commissioner, Fredrick Shisia Security agents have been lauded for their relentless effort in making northeastern […]
- 10 Al-Shabaab Militants Nabbed Over Botched Lawmaker Assassination in Gedo Region OSINT SUMMARY Credible OSINT reports from Somalia reveal that 10 Al-Shabaab […]