5th February 2016, Four Somali nationals who were arrested have been charged and fined Ksh.5.5 million each or serve 10 years in prison over illegal travel documents.
The four identified as Sakarie Abdullah Ahmed, Abdikadir Sharrif Abdinur, Ubah Abdirahman Hassan and Fadumo Anshur Mohamed were arrested at Mandera Airstrip boarding a flight to Nairobi last Sunday 31st January 2016.
The four allegedly acquired Kenyan visas illegally and thus were in the country unlawfully.
The assailants have been in custody to allow police complete investigations. The four were charged in being found in possession with Kenyan travel visas which investigations report indicated were acquired illegally. The four also face a second count of being in Kenya unlawfully.
State counsel Kennedy Amwayi said the four were intercepted while hurriedly about to fly to Nairobi using passport numbers belonging to Somalia but had Kenyan visa numbers attached to the documents.
Upon interrogation on the accused, they could not tell how they acquired the documents, the state counsel added.
Mandera Senior Resident Magistrate Peter Areri noted the offenses were serious and called for deterrent sentences citing the era of increased terror threats in the country.
The accused were fined Ksh.5 million each on the first count and or to serve five year imprisonment and in the second count each accused was fined Ksh.500, 000 or serve five years imprisonment Senior Resident Magistrate Peter Areri ruled.
- SNA & AMISOM Forces Recapture Port Town of Marka From Al-Shabaab Terrorists MOGADISHU,8th February 2016, in the latest military developments, Somali National […]
- KDF Warplanes Strike Al-Shabaab Target in Southern Somalia Killing 10 Militants Including 4 Senior Commanders MILITARY BRIEF Reports from Somalia indicate that KDF has continued to bombard […]
- African Union Calls For Strengthening Somali National Army To Counter Security Challenge in Somalia REBUILDING SOMALI NATIONAL ARMY AU has called on rebuilding of the Somali National […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- Kenya Police Service Puts Sh 8 Million Bounty Reward on Four Al-Shabaab Terrorists SECURITY BRIEF Kenya Police Service Friday 26th February 2016, offered a bounty […]
- Ethiopia To Deploy Additional Troops & Attack Helicopters To AMISOM MILITARY BRIEF Ethiopia revealed that it will send more troops and helicopters to […]
- Al-Shabaab Suicide Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (SVBIED) Surge Foretells Strategy EVENTS SUMMARY On 22 August 2015 Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen's Istishhadyin […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta, Commander in Chief Of Defence Forces Attend AMISOM’s Summit in Djibouti AMISOM SUMMIT DJIBOUTI February 28, 2016, Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenya who is the […]