Former UN chief, Ban Ki-moon lauded Kenya for playing a pivotal role in promoting regional peace especially in Somalia and South Sudan.
The former UN Secretary General thanked President Uhuru Kenyatta for his personal initiative in search of peace in South Sudan and restoration of stability in Somalia.
BanKi-moon called the country and its leadership to continue to play engaging in the regional peace for the two Horn of Africa countries.
On his part President Kenyatta called for concerted efforts to end the crisis in South Sudan.
He also expressed optimism that Somalia will stabilize following the recent successful presidential elections.
The two leaders held talks while the UN chief paid courtesy visit in State House Nairobi.
Ban retired in late December, 2016 after concluding his two-term tenure at the helm of the global body.
- Kenya Ask Help from France to Secure Regional Peace & Stability OSINT SUMMARY President Uhuru Kenyatta has called on France to support […]
- South Sudan Conflict, Combating Terrorism Tops President Uhuru Kenyatta & U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry Discussion Monday 22nd August 2016, President Kenyatta and US Secretary of State John Kerry have […]
- Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta, Tells Kiir South Sudanese Need Peace, Not War The Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta who had visited Juba on Tuesday 30th August 2016 […]
- UN Chief Persuade Kenya to Return Peacekeeping Force to South Sudan Kenyan troops agreed to return troops to South Sudan for peacekeeping mission after […]
- Kenya Agrees to Rejoin South Sudan UN Force Kenya agreed to rejoin South Sudan UN Force it angrily withdrew troops from the […]
- Kenya Ready to Help South Sudan Handle Economic Challenges Following years of conflict/civil war in the world’s youngest nation, South […]
- Security Heightened in Mogadishu as Somalia Set to Host IGAD Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security has been heightened up in Mogadishu as Somalia is set […]
- António Guterres, UN Chief Appoints Rwandan Commander to Lead UNMISS António Guterres, UN Sectretary General appointed a Rwandan as UNMISS force […]