Five Al-Shabaab operatives on Saturday were executed in semi-autonomous state of Puntland over their involvement in killing three senior government officials.
A military court handed over the sentence for the three to be executed by firing squad for the three members of the Al-Qaeda linked Al-Shabaab militant group that has been responsible for several other killings of innocent civilians in the region.
According to Abdifatah Haji Aden, the chairman of Puntland’s military court, the five were behind the killings of a director at Puntland’s presidential palace, a military prosecutor and a deputy police commander in the port city of Bossaso in December.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Puntland Armed Forces Arrest 20 Terror Suspects in Bosaso Latest military reports from Somalia’s semi-autonomous Puntland State indicate […]
- Puntland Forces Battle Al-Shabaab Operatives in Galgala Mountains, Kill over Dozen Puntland government forces have battled Al-Shabaab operatives and killed over a dozen […]
- Somali Military Court Executes A Terror Figure Involved Mogadishu Market Explosion A Somali military court has executed a man who believed was involved in a car bomb […]
- Puntland Military Court Sentences 6 Al-Shabaab Fighters to 10 Years in Prison Puntland military court sentenced six Al-Shabaab fighters to ten years in prison in […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Al-Shabaab Combatants Executes Elder Involved in Election Al-Shabaab combatants on Monday executed 82-year old man for being involved in the […]