Wednesday 15/3/2017, four female jihadists blew themselves up near a bus station in northeastern Nigeria killing two people.
According to the country’s disaster management agency — National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the suicide blast happened at around 1.15 am (0015 GMT) in the Usmanti area on the outskirts of Maiduguri.
Maiduguri has experience several such attack in the recent past weeks.
"Two men were killed due to the explosion while about 16 injured people were administered first aid," the agency's spokesman for the northeast, Ibrahim Abdulkadir, said in a statement.
Usmanti is near a sprawling camp for people who have been driven from the remote countryside by Boko Haram violence and, increasingly, the need for food.
The Islamist group has frequently used young women and girls as human bombs.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- 2 Girls ‘Suicide Bombers’ Blow Themselves Up near Crowded Nigerian Market Two young girls possibly seven or eight year old died in an explosion in a crowded […]
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- Nigeria Govt Face Pressure to Rescue Girls Kidnapped by Boko Haram 1,000 Days Ago Pressure is mounting on Nigerian govt to rescue the kidnapped school girls by the […]
- Nigeria Army Confirms Death Of Boko Haram’s Chief Bomb Maker OSINT SUMMARY A statement from Nigerian Army confirms the killing of Boko […]
- 350 Boko Haram Captives Rescued, 167 Militants Killed, Weapons Recovered In Mop-Up Operation By Nigerian Army Event Summary: Nigerian army Spokesman Sani Usman said on Tuesday 16th February that […]
- Two Female Bombers Killed, Suicide Attack Foiled in Nigeria Two girls in their teenage were killed on Saturday night in Nigeria’s […]
- Hope as Boko Haram Terrorist Group Releases 21 Chibok Girls Hope has been renewed after Boko Haram terrorist group released 21 kidnapped Chibok […]