Ethiopian President Mulatu Teshome Praise Defense Forces for War on Al-Shabaab
President Mulatu Teshome of Ethiopia has praised country defense forces for the selfless fight against the Islamist Al-Shabaab in Somalia.
The president speaking at the celebration of the fifth Defense Forces Day held in Jigjiga town, capital of the Ethiopian Somali regional State on Tuesday February 14, 2017.
Teshome noted that the troops fighting the militants under very harsh environment and managing to inflict heavy losses on the militant group, Al-Shabaab.
He also awarded medals to 13th Division 4th battalion for their notable strides in combating Al-Shabaab that has destabilizing Somalia for years.
On his part, General Samora Yenus emphasized that Ethiopian troops were also actively engaged in peacekeeping operations in neighbouring countries as part of their regional security mandate. Ethiopia marks every February 14 as Defense Force Day.
Ethiopia has been a strong force in mediating in the South Sudan political crisis and in maintaining peace in neighbouring Somalia.
- South Sudan to Receive Additional Troops from Britain OSINT SUMMARY South Sudan expected to receive additional troops from Britain […]
- Security Heightened in Mogadishu as Somalia Set to Host IGAD Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security has been heightened up in Mogadishu as Somalia is set […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Additional British Soldiers Arrive in Somalia To Help Combat Al-Shabaab Militants OSINT SUMMARY Another small unit of British SAS arrived in Somalia […]
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Kill Al Shabaab Commander & Destroy Base in Bakol Raid OSINT SUMMARY Sunday 6th December 2015, a senior Al Shabaab commander was killed […]
- Security in Mogadishu Somalia Scaled Up Ahead of Regional Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu and its environs […]
- Kenya Ask Help from France to Secure Regional Peace & Stability OSINT SUMMARY President Uhuru Kenyatta has called on France to support […]
- UN Chief Persuade Kenya to Return Peacekeeping Force to South Sudan Kenyan troops agreed to return troops to South Sudan for peacekeeping mission after […]