President Mulatu Teshome of Ethiopia has praised country defense forces for the selfless fight against the Islamist Al-Shabaab in Somalia.
The president speaking at the celebration of the fifth Defense Forces Day held in Jigjiga town, capital of the Ethiopian Somali regional State on Tuesday February 14, 2017.
Teshome noted that the troops fighting the militants under very harsh environment and managing to inflict heavy losses on the militant group, Al-Shabaab.
He also awarded medals to 13th Division 4th battalion for their notable strides in combating Al-Shabaab that has destabilizing Somalia for years.
On his part, General Samora Yenus emphasized that Ethiopian troops were also actively engaged in peacekeeping operations in neighbouring countries as part of their regional security mandate. Ethiopia marks every February 14 as Defense Force Day.
Ethiopia has been a strong force in mediating in the South Sudan political crisis and in maintaining peace in neighbouring Somalia.
- South Sudan to Receive Additional Troops from Britain OSINT SUMMARY South Sudan expected to receive additional troops from Britain […]
- Security Heightened in Mogadishu as Somalia Set to Host IGAD Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security has been heightened up in Mogadishu as Somalia is set […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Security in Mogadishu Somalia Scaled Up Ahead of Regional Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu and its environs […]
- Additional British Soldiers Arrive in Somalia To Help Combat Al-Shabaab Militants OSINT SUMMARY Another small unit of British SAS arrived in Somalia […]
- Kenya Ask Help from France to Secure Regional Peace & Stability OSINT SUMMARY President Uhuru Kenyatta has called on France to support […]
- South Sudan Agrees Additional Deployment of UN Peacekeepers OSINT SUMMARY Reports from South Sudan indicate that the government on Sunday […]
- South Sudan Conflict, Combating Terrorism Tops President Uhuru Kenyatta & U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry Discussion Monday 22nd August 2016, President Kenyatta and US Secretary of State John Kerry have […]