Ethiopian army managed to escape a landmine blast that targeted their vehicle in Beledweyne in Central Somalia on Wednesday.
According to reports published open sources in Somalia, Ethiopian vehicle driving through the town escaped the landmine blast that exploded a minute after they had passed.
The Islamist group Al-Shabaab increased the tactic of planting landmines on major Military Supply Routes (MSR) then laying ambush after the blasts.
No Ethiopian soldier was hurt from the explosion. After the explosion, ENDF troops serving under the banner of African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) launched an operation which forced local residents to stay indoors.
Humiliated Shebab terrorist group has claimed credit for the failed attack on AU troops.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- 3 Civilians Killed in Multi Blasts in Southern Somalia MOGADISHU, Somalia, March 7, 2016 Reports from Somalia indicate that at least three […]
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Kill Al Shabaab Commander & Destroy Base in Bakol Raid OSINT SUMMARY Sunday 6th December 2015, a senior Al Shabaab commander was […]
- KDF Convoy Targeted in Roadside IED Attack at Tabda, Lower Shabelle 23rd February 2016, latest military reports from Somalia reveal that KDF convoy was […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- African Union (AU) Call for Additional Deployment of 4,000 Troops in Somalia The Military Operations Coordination Committee (MOCC) for AU peacekeeping mission in […]
- AU Military Strategy Operations Committee Meeting in Djibouti The African Union Military Operation Coordination Committee (MOCC) met in Djibouti to […]
- Ahlu Sunna Waljama’a (ASWJ) Hunts Al Shabaab Operatives in Galgadud, Central Somalia Somalia moderate Islamist group known as Ahlu Sunna Waljama’a (ASWJ), began […]