Ethiopia sentenced two Al-Shabaab operatives to six years in prison for planning a terror attack on the country in 2014.
The court officials handed down the rigorous prison terms against the two Islamist Shebab fighters saying they were found guilty of a plot to carry out attacks in Ethiopia and also trying to establish a terror cell in the country.
The two were also charged on the basis of having recruited a number of Ethiopian citizens into the Somali-based terrorist group, Al-Shabaab.
The first defendant identified as Badris Yesuf was sentenced to six years and six months of imprisonment while the second defendant, Anis Usman received five years and six months of jail term.
The two terror figures were arrested three years ago while trying to carry out terrorist attacks in the capital, Addis Ababa and other undisclosed locations.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- U.S and Ethiopia Joint Training on AMISOM Soldiers to Battle Al-Shabaab Insurgents US and Ethiopia military personnel are conducting joint training on African […]
- Puntland Military Court Sentences 6 Al-Shabaab Fighters to 10 Years in Prison Puntland military court sentenced six Al-Shabaab fighters to ten years in prison in […]
- African Union (AU) Call for Additional Deployment of 4,000 Troops in Somalia The Military Operations Coordination Committee (MOCC) for AU peacekeeping mission in […]
- Military Operations Coordination Committee (MOCC) Assessment on Somalia Mission OSINT SUMMARY The 18th meeting by Military Operations Coordination Committee […]
- Review AMISOM Funding, Uganda now Wants 6th February 2017, Kampala: Uganda has called on the concerned partners to review the […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- South Sudan Conflict, Combating Terrorism Tops President Uhuru Kenyatta & U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry Discussion Monday 22nd August 2016, President Kenyatta and US Secretary of State John Kerry have […]