Two drone missiles hit a vehicle on the outskirts of the town of Mudiyah in Abyan province, killing all four people inside, Yemen security official said Thursday.
The dawn bombardments killed four suspected Al-Qaeda operatives in south Yemen where U.S has intensified air raids on jihadists.
The air bombardments comes two weeks after U.S President Donald Trump's administration reportedly gave the CIA new powers to conduct drone strikes against extremist targets in the Middle East.
Since March 2, U.S has launched dozens of air strikes against Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) targets in Abyan and the neighbouring provinces of Shabwa and Baida killing dozens of terror operatives.
In the first three days of the air raids at least 22 AQAP operatives were killed according to security officials and tribal sources.
U.S regards AQAP as the jihadist network's most dangerous arm and says that in recent months it has been plotting attacks on the West.
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 7 Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen Washington has intensified air sorties against jihadist groups since President Donald […]
- Who Is Qasim Al-Raymi? Head of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Target of Navy SEAL Raid US Yemen raid targeted leader of Al-Qaeda branch in Arabian Peninsula […]
- U.S. Military Pound AQAP with More than 20 Airstrikes in Yemen U.S. military continues pounding on Al-Qaeda’s network in Yemen. In the past […]
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills Al-Abi, a Senior Al-Qaeda Leader in Central Yemen An Al-Qaeda terrorist was killed in a U.S. drone strike in central Yemen according to […]
- U.S Commandos Kill over 30 Al-Qaeda Fighters in Bayda, Yemen Recent U.S military reports indicate that its Commando forces killed over 30 Al-Qaeda […]
- U.S. Military Confirms 3 Airstrikes Killed 13 Al Qaeda Terrorists in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY U.S. in a statement issued from the Central command on Tuesday […]
- U.S Drone Strike Kills Al-Qaeda Operatives in Yemen Pentagon has confirmed it U.S. has conducted more than 70 air strikes on […]
- U.S. Special Operations in Yemen Yields Data on Al-Qaeda Explosives U.S. special operations forces gathered valuable intelligence on the Al-Qaeda […]