Dozens of British troops on Tuesday arrived in South Sudan capital, Juba on a support mission.
The troops are expected to provide engineering and medical support to other troops under the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS). Their support will subsequently help ease the delivery of humanitarian aid.
UNMISS in a statement acknowledged of the troop’s arrivals saying the Royal Engineers will conduct tasks at the U.N. Camps to improve accommodation, routes, security and drainage, as well as the construction of a jetty on the River Nile and a helicopter landing site.
South Sudan, the world’s youngest nation, plunged into civil turmoil in 2013 just two years after attaining independence from neighbouring Sudan.
President Salva Kiir fired his Deputy Vice President, Riek Machar accusing him of making attempt to overthrow his government.
Britain’s Ministry of Defence in a statement said 35 troops had landed in Juba to bolster a more than 200-strong deployment of British personnel already in the country.
The force number will rise to nearly 400 in the coming months, making it one of the Britain’s largest operational deployments.
- Fresh Fighting Erupts in South Sudan, over 50 Killed in Clash near Malakal Fresh fighting has been report in South Sudan between government forces and […]
- Russia To Consider Selling Arms To Somalia and Libya Once Situation Improves MILITARY ACQUISITIONS, May 12, 2016 Russia announced it is ready to supply […]
- Renewed Fighting Between South Sudan Army and Unknown Gunmen Leaves 20 Killed At least 20 people have reportedly been killed and 10 others wounded inn renewed […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Fresh Clashes Erupts near South Sudan’s Oil Hub of Malakal Fresh clashes have reportedly erupted out near South’s Sudan second largest […]
- Sudan Govt Disclose Former S. Sudan Vice President Riek Machar in Khartoum for Medical Attention OSINT SUMMARY Since the conflict between forces loyal President of South […]
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Urges South Sudan’s Rivals to End War Uganda's President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has asked rival groups in […]
- UN Adviser Warns of Looming ‘Genocide’ in South Sudan A United Nations (UN) adviser has warned of a looming genocide in South […]