The notorious criminal gang of Watalia recently was listed among the 90 other outlawed criminal gangs country wide by outlawed by Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaiserry.
Likoni police boss Willy Simba confirmed the arrests 14 gang members saying they will be interrogated further.
The gangsters were arrested at the Ferry screening machine and crude weapons recovered in a crackdown targeting criminal gangs in the sub-county.
Police recovered 14 machetes and 11 rolls of bhang from the suspects.
According to Simba a special police unit codenamed Kifaru hase been formed to carry out a crackdown to eliminate out all criminal gangs terrorizing residents.
The special unit is comprised of GSU officers, Regular police and Administration police.
The suspects will be arraigned in court on Tuesday 3rd January 2017.
- Police Arrest 13 Suspected Members of Criminal Gang Terrorizing Likoni Police in Likoni Mombasa County are holding 13 suspected members of criminal gang […]
- Police Launch Crackdown on Crude Weapons, Criminal Gangs in Lamu Police launched a crackdown to recover crude weapons reportedly seen carried by […]
- Police Conduct Operation against Criminal Gangs, Women among those Arrested in Mombasa Crackdown Mombasa police over the weekend conducted a major operation targeting criminal gang […]
- Crackdown on Criminals, Police Arrest Two Suspected Robbers with Toy Guns in Likoni Police in Likoni arrested two suspected robbers and recovered two toy […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Six Criminal Gang Members Arrested in Majengo, Mombasa Mombasa, KENYA Police arrested six criminal gang members and recovered crude […]
- Police Gun Down Criminal Gang Member in Mombasa Kisauni Crackdown on criminal gangs in Mombasa continues with latest reports indicating that […]
- Police Arrest Girl Suspected to be Part of Watalia Criminal Gang in Likoni Police on Monday arrested a young girl on connection with dreaded Watalia criminal […]