Six Ugandan rebels of the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) and a Congolese soldier were killed on Monday 13th June 2016 in the Beni region of eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), after clash with Congolese troops.
According to a brief by the spokesperson of operation Sokola1, Lieutenant Mak Hazukay, two army soldiers were badly injured in the clash.
Sokola 1 is DRC’s military mission established to fight the rebels. The clash took place in Kokola in the restive far North Kivu province.
ADF rebels have been fighting in eastern DRC since 1995 and rebels are opposed to Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni, who has been in power since 1986.
- Museveni and Kabila Meets over ADF Bandits, Resolve to Share Intelligence to Crumble the Rebel Group KINSHASHA: Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni on Thursday 4th August 2016 met […]
- 10 Ugandan Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) Rebels Face Death Sentence for Crimes against Humanity 10 Ugandan allied democratic forces rebels get death sentence for killing of innocent […]
- Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC): Seven Dead in Clashes with Ugandan Rebels On Sunday 31st August 2016, seven people were killed in clashes between Congolese […]
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Faults Muslim Clerics Killings, Blames ADF Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni has faulted the recent killings of Muslim […]
- 29 People Killed In Fresh Violence Between Two Militias In Eastern Democratic Republic Of Congo (DRC) 9th February 2016: 29 people have been reported dead after violent clashes between […]
- 10 Killed as Army & Ugandan ADF Rebels Clash in DR Congo At least 10 people were killed Sunday night after a fierce clash between the DR Congo […]
- United Nations Helicopter Attack Uganda Rebel Positions In Democratic Republic Of Congo Kinshasa-DRC: UN helicopters attacked Ugandan Rebels who are active in the Democratic […]
- Dozens Feared Killed in Ethnic Clashes in DRC At least 30 civilians were killed Sunday in the eastern Democratic Republic […]