A Chinese man was on Monday arrested at JKIA, Nairobi in possession of ivory valued at Sh300, 000. The ivory was in form of bangles.
According to police initial report, the 56-year old man was on his way from DRC to China.
In the past few months several Chinese nationals have been arrested at JKIA for trafficking illegal goodies.
Last week, a 40-year old man was arrested in possession of ivory valued at Sh60, 000 while on his way from Cameroon headed to Guangzhou in China.
On another incident, two Chinese nationals were on April 5 arrested at JKIA for allegedly trafficking wide variety of illegal wildlife items in form trophies.
The two assailants identified as Yang Yu and Xu Miaohong were arrested by KWS officers from the Canine Unit while on their way from Lagos in Nigeria to Guangzou China.
- Vietnam Customs Seize One-tonne Illegal Ivory Haul from Kenya Vietnam customs officials reportedly seized nearly one-tonne of illegal ivory haul […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- China & Russia Pledge to Enhance Military Cooperation China and Russia have agreed to enhance their military cooperation. Russian […]
- China Donates 36 Military Vehicles to Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) China has donated 36 military vehicles to Kenya Defence […]
- Interpol Issues Arrest Warrant for Samuel Jefwa & Nicholas Jefwa Linked to Sh579 Million Illegal Ivory Haul Interpol has issued an international arrest warrant for two suspects linked with […]
- 4,000 Extra AMISOM Troops Needed to Liberate More Areas in Somalia According to a report compiled by CCTV news, African Union Mission in Somalia […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- Kenya, China To Partner On Oil and Gas Exploration OIL AND GAS EXPLORATION Kenya and China keen on exploring oil and gas, […]