China violated a United Nations arms embargo after it failed to properly declare its arms shipment to UN peacekeepers in Mali.
UN Peacekeepers in Mali get their supplies of rations and arms via Ivory Coast, a country slowly recovering from a political conflict.
China shipped military hardware, ammunition, and sophisticated weapons through Ivory Coast but did not declare the actual profile of the consignment.
The UN Security Council has confirmed that China understated its arms shipments of military hardware, weapons, and ammo by 21 metric tons (23.15 tons).
The arms consignment was meant for Chinese troops in Mali serving under the United Nations peace keeping force, a 12000 strong contingent sent to stabilize Mali after French troops pushed them out of strategic areas.
MINUSMA arms supplies are routed through Abidjan Ivory Coast to Mali, a land locked country currently banned from purchasing military equipment.
- China Violated Arms Embargo in West Africa Shipment
- Central African Republic: Wronged By Colonial Mindset – OpEd
- U.N. monitors see arms reaching Somalia from Yemen, Iran
- EU to Train Police and Military in Mali Mission The European Union will fund the training of police officers for the land locked West […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- France To Deploy Paramilitary Police Force To Burkina Faso; Fight Al Qaeda’s (AQIM) OSINT Summary: France has said that it will deploy a paramilitary police […]
- French Mirage 2000D fighter jet crashes in Mali Ops A French Mirage 2000D fighter jet crashed in Niger as it returned from an operation in […]
- UN Raises Alarm over Illegal Increase of Small Arms & Light Weapons (SALW) in Nigeria OSINT SUMMARY The United Nations (UN) has raised alarm on what was termed as […]
- Mali Forces Nab 15 Militants, Destroy Their Operations Camps Event Summary Tuesday 21st July 2015; Mali forces arrests at least 15 militants and […]
- French takes Ivory Coast Airport as Bgagbo Army attacks UN Peacekeepers The French forces have taken the Abidjan national airport and secured it. However […]
- Nigerian Military to Build Weapons To End Dependence on West Highlights: Nigeria’s president on Friday during a military ceremony directed […]