China has said it will be part of a multinational anti-terrorism drill expected to be held from May 2 to 12.
The military drill will take place in Brunei and Singapore and in waters off the two countries.
Navies of 10 countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations will participate. Others expected to take part include China, US, Russia, Australia, India, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea.
According to Wu Qian, spokesman for the Chinese Ministry of National Defense, the exercise will include joint military training, naval sailing formation, escorting, search exercises at sea, helicopter landing on each other’s warships and the fight against terrorism.
Chinese military will missile destroyer Lanzhou along with 12 SWAT soldiers and four staff officers to the drill exercise.
- Russia, China to Conduct Joint Military Exercise MILITARY COLLABORATION, May 6, 2016 Russia and China are set to hold their […]
- China to Commence Construction of Naval Base in Djibouti EVENT SUMMARY 5th February 2016, China is set to start building naval base in in […]
- China & Russia Pledge to Enhance Military Cooperation China and Russia have agreed to enhance their military cooperation. Russian […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- China Joins U.S., Says it Supports U.N. on New Sanctions on North Korea China has expressed support to new U.N. sanctions to be forced on North Korea over […]
- China Donates Military Equipment to Liberia Armed Forces OSINT SUMMARY MONROVIA, February 10, 2016, On Wednesday Liberian President Ellen […]
- UN Slaps North Korea With Toughest Additional Sanction In 20 Years March 3, 2016: The UN Security Council has unanimously adopted a resolution that expands […]
- China Put A Reward For Online Terrorist Intelligence Tip-offs OSINT SUMMARY Monday 8th February 2016, China says it will pay rewards to anyone who […]