Unknown assailants thought to be Al-Shabaab militants on Monday night killed a chief in Mandera County.
According to Mandera County Administration Police Commander Suleiman Rashid, the attackers raided the homestead of the chief in Omar Jillo townships at around Monday 10.00pm and shot him.
The County AP boss noted that the slain chief was instrumental in intelligence gathering on Al-Shabaab operations in the area. He also downplayed reports that two police reservists went missing following the attack saying all were accounted for.
Omar Jillo is in Mandera East, about 16 kilometres from Mandera Town and about seven kilometres from the Somali border. It’s among the towns under the dusk to dawn curfew issued by the government. Others include Mandera Town, Arabia, Fino, LafeyKotulo and Elwak.
- Kenya Government Imposes Dusk to Dawn Curfew in Mandera County Kenya government has imposed dusk to dawn curfew in Mandera following the recent […]
- Kenya Extends Mandera 6pm to 6am Curfew to June 2017 Kenya has extended the dusk to dawn curfew on the northern region of Mandera by three […]
- Kenyan Government Fast-track Border Wall Construction on Mandera Kenya government continues with construction of the 700 kilometers security wall on […]
- Kenya’s Security in Northeastern Region Improved; Says County Commissioner, Fredrick Shisia Security agents have been lauded for their relentless effort in making northeastern […]
- Mandera Governor Ali Roba Call on Residents to Help Government Fight Terrorists Mandera governor Ali Roba has called on residents to help the government fight […]
- Brother to Most Wanted Al-Shabaab Suspect Charged with Aiding Terrorists A brother to a most wanted Al-Shabaab suspect was charged with aiding terrorists […]
- Terror Suspect Killed, 3 Arrested in Malindi Anti-terror Ops A terror suspect was killed and three others arrested during a shootout during […]
- Kenya’s ATPU Questions Rashid Juma Mwakimako, Al-Shabaab Recruiter in Mombasa EVENT SUMMARY Police reports from Mombasa indicate that Kenya’s […]