Latest military reports from Somalia indicate that the interim Galmudug administration in central Somalia has renewed its commitment to wipe out Al-Shabaab remnants in Mudug region.
According to Mudug military operations field Commander Abdikarim Mohamed Mohamud, the forces are on high alert saying they are aware of boats ferrying large quantities of weapons have docked to the militant-held coastal areas in Mudug region, in central Somalia in readiness to wage attacks.
“Galmudug State forces in Mudug are on high alert following intelligence reports that Al-Shabaab is planning to carry out bomb, gun attacks in the region,” Mohamud was quoted saying.
Mohamud stressed out those Galmudug state forces will launch an offensive to drive Al Shabaab out of their current strongholds in Mudug and neutralize the would-be attacks.
- Somalia’s Ahlu Sunna Waljama’a Planning to Attack Galmudug Administration and Control the State The Somali based Ahlu Sunna Waljama'a militia has declared a full-fledged war on […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- SNA & AMISOM Forces Kill 8 Al-Shabaab Militants in Bud-bud, Central Somalia OSINT SUMMARY At least 8 Al-Shabaab militants were killed by SNA backed by […]
- Jubbaland Forces Kill 15 Al-Shabaab Militants near Kismayo Jubbaland forces the past weekend killed at least 15 Al-Shabaab militants during a […]
- Southwest State Government Vow to Scale up Security in Lower Shabelle Region Following the recent spate of attacks targeting government forces and military bases […]
- Jubbaland’s President Ahmed Madobe Welcomes Kenyan Troops (KDF) to Lead on War against Al-Shabaab The President of Jubbaland Interim Administration Ahmed Madobe has welcomed the […]
- ATPU Arrest a Terror Suspect of Yemeni Origin at Likoni Ferry Channel Anti-Terror Police Unit (ATPU) on Thursday 11th August 2016 arrested a terror suspect […]
- Local Administration in Gedo Region Vows to Root Out Al-Shabaab from the Region Local administration in Gedo region of southern Somalia vowed to continue fighting […]