A U.S.-based oil and gas exploration, development and Production Company Camac Energy will start exploration activities in Kenya.
Studies finished by the firm show that the drilling may net 900 million barrels of oil in the Lamu basin.
Camac plans to commence drilling in two exploration wells in the Lamu basin which is onshore.
The company has interests in several blocks onshore in Kenya all which it hopes to start drilling next year.
Camac energy completed gravity and magnetic surveys as well as and environmental and social impact on Block L1B, and one in Block L16.
According to Camac Energy the firms activities on Block L1B are targeting net unrisked prospective resources of 900 MMBO (million barrels of oil).
Kenya has become a frontier for oil and gas exploration after British firm Tullow and it’s strategic partner Africa Oil made successive commercially viable oil finds along the Turkana area.
Block L1B, and one in Block L16
- Kenya to Earn $$10 Billion from Oil in South Lokichar Basin’s Block 10BB/13T Kenya’s will earn at least US$ 10 billion from the country’s first commercial oil […]
- Tullow Oil and Gas Exploration Company Kenya Announces 102 Metres of Net Oil in Two Columns ENERGY BRIEF 16th December 2015, Tullow Oil and Gas Exploration Company in Kenya […]
- Horn Petroleum Worried About Nugaal Block License Claimed British Asante Oil. Sudden British interest in Somalia can be traced to oil explorer interests in oil rich […]
- Tullow Oil Makes another Discovery in Northern Kenya Tullow Oil Plc which is doing oil exploration in Kenya has announced of discovering […]
- Amosing Oil Discovery in Kenya Could be the Largest Tullow Oil, a British oil exploration firm exploring oil and gas in Kenya discovered a […]
- Simba Energy Start Seismic Survey on Block 2A, Onshore Kenya Simba Energy will start on site reconnaissance of its 100% interest in Block 2A - Kenya […]
- Tullow Oil Kenya Drilling Activities in Block 10bb Ongoing After Share Fall Tullow Kenya drilling program is still on course, even after the report on poorly […]
- Tullow Abandons Drilling Ngamia-1 Oil Well In Kenya Intelligence News on Tullow Oil abandoning Drilling Ngamia-1 Well in Kenya In a […]