The troop arrived in Mogadishu to replace soldiers of the 34th battalion who are rotating after completing one year of duty in Somalia battling the Al-Qaeda affiliated Al-Shabaab.
Soldiers from the 40th battalion from Burundi National Defence Force (BNDF), will serve in AMISOM for a year and will assigned in Burundian sector.
The battalion commander Major Leonidas Nsingirankabo upon arriving at Mogadishu International Airport emphasized that his soldiers were ready for the task ahead in vowed to fight gallantly to help secure and stabilize Somalia.
“My soldiers are ready for the task ahead to fight Al-Shabaab and contribute in stabilizing Somalia. We will engage them by observing all the international rules on war by ensuring our soldiers remain disciplined to win the support of the people of Somalia”, Major Nsingirankabo added.
The Chief of Operations of the Burundi soldiers in Somalia, Col Anicet Barusasiyeko, bid farewell to the soldiers rotating out and welcomed those deployed to take over their responsibilities. He lauded them for their selfless contribution to the mission in stabilizing Somalia.
The 34th battalion was based in Jowhar, Lower Shabelle region. The Burundi National Defence Force is responsible for peacekeeping operations in Sector five under the African Union Mission in Somalia.
- Burundi Rotates Battalion, Deploys 40th Contingent to AU Peacekeeping Mission in Somalia Burundian army has deployed a fresh 40th contingent to AU peacekeeping mission in […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Burundi & African Union Resolve AMISOM Salary Dispute Burundi and the African Union (AU) on Thursday 17/2/2017 reached an agreement on […]
- Two Burundian Battalions Conclude Successful One-year of Duty in Somalia MOGADISHU, July 20, 2016 Burundian troops from the 32nd and 33rd battalions […]
- AMISOM-Burundian Contingent Deploy a New Commander, Brig. General Venuste Nduwayo July 14, 2016, AMISOM-Burundi’s contingent has deployed a new commander to take […]
- Review AMISOM Funding, Uganda now Wants 6th February 2017, Kampala: Uganda has called on the concerned partners to review the […]
- 4,000 Extra AMISOM Troops Needed to Liberate More Areas in Somalia According to a report compiled by CCTV news, African Union Mission in Somalia […]
- Burundi Lawmakers Call for Withdrawal of Troops from Somalia, Blames EU Burundian lawmakers have called on the government to withdrawal troops battling […]