BUJUMBURA Burundi, March 13, 2016
Diplomatic relations between Burundi and Rwanda seems to worsen by day. In the past few months Burundi has alleged Burundi to be supporting Burundian rebels in destabilizing the country.
Sunday 13th March 2016, latest reports from Bujumbura indicate that security forces have paraded a man accused of being a Rwandan spy.
The man identified as Corporal Rucyahintare Cyprien was arrested on Monday near the Rwandan border.
According to Burundi police spokesman Pierre Nkurikiye, the man (Cyprien) was on a spying mission saying it was the third such mission he carried out in Burundi.
Cyprien was presented to the media at the offices of the National Intelligence Service (SNR. The intelligence officials alleged that his latest mission in Burundi was to negotiate with an organization if they will hide 200 fighters involved in attacks in the country.
The political crisis between Burundi and Rwanda is almost hitting one year. The crisis has left more than 400 people killed and 240,000 others displaced.
Thousands of Rwandans who live in Burundi have also fled for fear of frequent arrests by Burundi authorities since violence erupted in April 2015.
- Retired Burundian Army Colonel Shot Dead Amid Tension in Bujumbura OSINT SUMMARY A Burundian retired army colonel was shot dead and his son […]
- Rwandan Government Refute Claims on Supporting Rebels to Oust Burundi’s Nkurunziza OSINT REPORT Rwandan government has denies claims that it has been supporting […]
- EU Suspends Direct Financial Aid To Burundi March 15, 2016: The European Union (EU) has suspended all direct financial support to […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Burundi, DRC Urge UN To Take Action Against Rwanda; Recruiting And Arming Burundian Rebels Highlights: Burundi and Democratic Republic of Congo through a letter to UN Security […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- Dossier To The UN Reveals; Rwanda Recruiting, Training Burundi Rebels To Oust President Pierre Nkurunziza Highlights: A confidential dossier to the United Nations Security Council has accused […]