Burundi and Democratic Republic of Congo through a letter to UN Security Council urged the council to take action against Rwanda which has faced accusations of training refugees to oust the current Burundian President Pierre Nkurunziza.
Rwanda has however denied any involvement in training refugee rebels to use them to overthrow the current government whose reelection has thrown Burundi into political chaos and violence.
Burundi’s UN Ambassador Albert Shingiro called for an urgent council meeting to address the claims brought against Rwanda of arming and training rebel with the sole purpose of ousting the government of the day in Burundi.
Burundi and DRC have sent letters to the UN Security Council urging the council take action against Rwanda and stop any actions by Rwanda to further destabilize Burundi.
According to a previous independent report, Rwanda has been recruiting, training arming Burundian refugees and further transporting them in Burundi through DRC actions that have been seen as interfering with the political process of Burundi which is already fragile as it is.
France is preparing a draft resolution that could provide for a UN police force to be deployed to Burundi to help quell the violence after Nkurunziza rejected a proposed 5 000 African Union peacekeeping force.
- Dossier To The UN Reveals; Rwanda Recruiting, Training Burundi Rebels To Oust President Pierre Nkurunziza Highlights: A confidential dossier to the United Nations Security Council has accused […]
- Rwandan Government Refute Claims on Supporting Rebels to Oust Burundi’s Nkurunziza OSINT REPORT Rwandan government has denies claims that it has been supporting […]
- Burundi-Rwanda Diplomatic Row, Worsening BUJUMBURA Burundi, March 13, 2016 Diplomatic relations between Burundi and […]
- Dozens Injured In Grenade Attacks As Ban Ki Moon Visits Burundi For Conflict Resolution Revitalization February 23, 2016: At least a dozen people were injured in overnight grenade attacks […]
- Burundi Presidential Spokesman Willy Nyamitwe, Survives Assassination Attempt A top advisor to Burundi’s President Pierre Nkurunziza on Monday […]
- EU Suspends Direct Financial Aid To Burundi March 15, 2016: The European Union (EU) has suspended all direct financial support to […]
- 10 Years on, UPDF’s Long Battle against Harakat Shabaab Mujahideen Movement in Somalia Key Points 10 Years on since entry of UPDF in Somalia 44,999 […]
- South Africa’s Jacob Zuma Leads AU Presidents Delegation To Burundi; Accelerate Political Dialogue Event Summary: February 26, 2016: An African Union delegation sent by the new AU […]