A brother to a most wanted Al-Shabaab suspect was charged with aiding terrorists receive financial support.
The brother has been dealing in property belonging to the members of the terrorist group.
The terrorist facilitator identified as Edward Oyoo Keya denied committing the offences between June 2015 and December 2016 at Pumwani high-rise estate in Nairobi.
Investigation indicate that Keya has been collecting money as rent from property belonging to his Mother Keya Awour and thereafter sending that money to his brother Eric Achayo alias Ibra Salim through Aisha Hussein at Kismayu in Somalia.
Investigation has pointed out that Keya has remitted a huge amount of money to his brother in Somalia, the funds believed to have been used to facilitate terrorist acts.
Anti-terror police asked the court to deny Keya bail saying he was likely to disappear. Milimani court ordered Keya to be detained for three days, then the matter will be mentioned on February 23.
Separately four suspected ISIS members; Nasra Faiz, Salim Rashid, Aisha Hyder and Fatuma Rashid were detained for 21 days in Mombasa.
- Four ISIS Suspects Detained for 3 Days as Probe Continues A Kenyan court on Wednesday 12th October 2016 ordered four ISIS suspects to be […]
- Abetting Crime, Mother to be Charged for NOT Reporting on Al-Shabaab Son A mother of a suspected terrorists on Monday 13/3/2017 appeared before Milimani Court […]
- Kenya’s ATPU Questions Rashid Juma Mwakimako, Al-Shabaab Recruiter in Mombasa EVENT SUMMARY Police reports from Mombasa indicate that Kenya’s […]
- Terror Suspect Killed, 3 Arrested in Malindi Anti-terror Ops A terror suspect was killed and three others arrested during a shootout during […]
- Terrorist’s Accomplice Arrested after Botched Attack at Mombasa Central Police Station Police have arrested one person in connection with the botched terrorist attack at […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- 3 Terrorist Suspects Detained over Links with Botched Mombasa Police Station Attack Three terrorist suspects were on Tuesday 13th September 2016 charged with harbouring […]