United Kingdom through its Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) on Monday September 14th revised a travel advisory to Kenya.
The advisory advises against all but essential travels to areas of Kenya that border Somalia. Among them recently included areas in the Boni Enclave; Garissa County, Lamu County and areas north of the Tana River in Tana River County where the antiterrorism operation was launched last week and the Eastleigh area in Nairobi.
Kenya safari destination including national parks, game reserves, conservancies and beach resorts are exempted in the advisory. FCO exemption of the tourist destination and limiting the advisory areas bordering the Al Shabaab infested Somalia exudes confidence in the security in Kenya.
The advisory coincides with the launch of the #OperationLinda Boni which is an all-inclusive counterterrorism operation edged at flashing out Al Shabaab from the vast Boni Forest. Additionally in a gazette notice by in Kenya, Kenyans were also advised to avoid all but essential visits to the Boni Enclave during the same period the operation was taking place.
Foreigners British Citizens notwithstanding will require an eVisa applied before travelling to Kenya in intensified security measures in Kenya in place of the manual visa obtained upon arrival.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya Scoops Nine Tourism Awards at World Travel Award Gala Ceremony in Seychelles Kenya tourism has suffered from travel advisories and security challenges in the 1st […]
- Kenya Voted World’s Leading Safari Destination Owing to Country’s Image Rebranding And Improved Security Kenya has been voted World’s Leading Safari Destination in the recently concluded 22nd […]
- Kenya Police Nab Tanzanians in Anti-Terror Operation in Boni Forest Highlights Kenya’s security operations going on in the country’s vast Boni Forest […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Kenya National Assembly Defence Committee Pledges Support for Ongoing Operation Linda Boni Highlights The ongoing operation Linda Boni at the Kenyan coast has been […]
- Operation Linda Boni Forest To Flush Al-Shabaab Elements, Reach Lamu Villages SECURITY BRIEF 31st December 2015, in an effort to secure villages close to […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]