- August 4, 2015– Britain through her Defence Secretary announced the extension of the use of Tornado fighter jets in the airstrikes against Islamic State in Iraq until 2017.
- Britain’s Defence Secretary Michael Fallon said the air campaign against IS in Iraq would stretch a year further than earlier predicted.
- The Tornado fighter jets were schedules to stay operational until March 2016 when they would be taken out of service.
Britain is a member of the US-led coalition against the Islamic State in Syria but has additional backing from her parliament to carry out strikes in Iraq. They have been using the Tornado Fighter Jet in the operations both in Syrian and Iraq.
Britain has announced the extension of the use of the ageing Tornado fighter jets in the airstrikes against Islamic State in Iraq until 2017 after which they will be taken out of service.
According to Michael Fallon, “the Tornado Squadrons have proved their worth in the air campaign because of the precision weapons they have and the reconnaissance and surveillance that they carry out when not striking.”
Tornado Fighter Jet nicknamed ‘Tonka’ in Britain is a twin-engine, variable-sweep wing jet that can be used for multiple roles including attack and conducting reconnaissance.
It is equipped with a variety of NATO approved air-launched weapons including unguided and laser-guided bombs, anti-ship and anti-radiation missiles, as well as specialized weapons such as anti-runway arms and anti-personnel mines.
The fighter jet has been credited for being able to conduct low level penetration on target with distinct precision weapons.
The Tornado Jet fighter has been a very high value weapon in the fight against the Islamic State both in Syria and Iraq receiving huge acclamation from the United States and her allies.
- Syrian Moderate Opposition to Receive Training from Britain Britain through Defence Minister, Michael Fallon on Thursday said that they would be […]
- UK Royal Air Force Anti-ISIL Air Strikes Campaigns Kills 330 Takfiris Britain's Defence Secretary Michael Fallon on Thursday 17th September 2015 reported […]
- Turkish Forces Killed 3,000 Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, President Erdogan Says OSINT SUMMARY Turkey’s President Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday 11th May […]
- Russia Sends 4 Su-30SM Flanker Fighter Jets To Syria In Antiterrorism Campaign Highlights: Credible OSINT sources reveal satellite images confirming the arrival of […]
- Secret RAF Drone Strikes Take Out British Jihadis RAF pilots have been secretly assassinating British jihadists plotting UK terror […]
- Turkish Fighter Jets Hit Northern Iraq Killing 34 PKK Militants Highlights Turkish military warplanes carried out series of aerial strikes in […]
- Turkish Warplanes Join US-Led Coalition Aerial Strikes Against Islamic State KEY HIGHLIGHTS On Friday 28th August 2015, Turkish fighter jets began attacking […]
- UAE Spent $1.1B to Aid Syria Refugee Crisis and on War against ISIL KEY HIGHLIGHTS Wednesday 16th September 2015, the United Arab Emirates said it […]