Tuesday 1st December 2015, Brigadier Sam Okiring was appointed to head UPDF troops in Somalia.
Brig Okiring was unveiled as the new contingent force commander of the Ugandan Peacekeeping troops serving under the banner of African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).
Brig Okiring will be replacing Brigadier Sam Kavuma who returned from Somali’s capital Mogadishu together with troops from Uganda Battle Group (UGABAG14) after serving one of duty.
Uganda Battle Group (UGABAG14) was received by the Chief of the Land Forces of UPDF, Brigadier Leopold Kyanda at the UPDF Air Force Base in Entebbe.
A new contingent – Battle Group (UGABAG17) was flagged off to Somalia taking over the place UGABAG14.
Uganda has been on the frontline on the
At the same function, a new Battle group (UGABAG17) was flagged off to Somalia, taking the place of UGABAG14.
Uganda has been on the frontline on war against terror. The country was first to deploy peacekeeping troops to Somalia under AMISOM in 2008 and currently has a the largest force among the contributing countries with over 6,000 soldiers.
Uganda was the first country to send peacekeeping troops to Somalia under AMISOM in 2008 and currently maintains the largest force (over 6,000) of all the troop-contributing countries.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Returnee Militants Reveal Reality within Al Shabaab Terror Group Highlight Radicalized youths into Somali terror group Harakat Al Shabaab Al […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- Uganda’s UPDF Deploy New Battle Contingent in Somalia The Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF) has deployed a new battle contingent to […]
- Review AMISOM Funding, Uganda now Wants 6th February 2017, Kampala: Uganda has called on the concerned partners to review the […]
- 6 Suspected Al-Shabaab Fighters Arrested in Major Security Swoop in Leego, Southern Somalia MILITARY BRIEF Latest military reports from Mogadishu, indicate that Somalia […]
- Uganda People’s Defence Forces (UPDF) Deploys New Batch Of 2000 Troops To Somalia March 30, 2016: Uganda, the lead troop contributing nation under AMISOM has deployed […]
- President Museveni Visit Uganda’s UPDF Troops at Halane Military Camp in Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Uganda’s President Yoweri Musveni who had attended the […]