AU envoy in Somalia said that there is hope for Somalia after successful election that saw former Prime Minister assume highest office in the land.
According to the Special Representative of the African Union Commission Chairperson (SRCC) for Somalia Francisco Madeira, President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed (Farmajo) has already spelt out issues his government would prioritize including security, tackling corruption and promoting peace and stability.
His priorities aimed at ensuring Somalia has a functional national security service,
the army, police and the intelligence.
Farmajo has made it clear that for Somalia to be stable, soldiers will be paid on time. Security forces will receive uniforms and equipped properly.
Farmajo noted that Somalia is destined for brighter future following the successful electoral process and promising to bring his government closer to the people.
Meanwhile, he acknowledged securing Somalia goes beyond having a national army and police, adding that other critical institutions must supplement the role of the security forces.
Farmajo also thanked AU mission's effort in stabilizing Somalia and especially the role its playing by helping build capacity for the Somali security institutions in preparation for the drawdown of African Union troops from Somalia, beginning October 2018.
- AU Opens New Military Training Facility To Boost Security in Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Africa Union (AU) peacekeeping mission in Somalia (AMISOM) has […]
- AMISOM Need 9,000 More Army Soldiers in Somalia The African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) is in need of 9,000 more army soldiers […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- AU Special Envoy for Somalia Francisco Madeira, Holds Security Talks With Jubbaland President Ahmed Madobe KISMAYO Somalia, March 15, 2016 On Sunday 13th March 2016, the Special […]
- AU Senior Military Commanders Meet in Somalia over Counter-terrorism Strategy Senior military commanders from the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) met in […]
- AMISOM Calls on Somalis to Return Home, Help Rebuild Country OSINT SUMMARY A senior official in African Union Mission In Somalia (AMISOM) […]
- African Union (AU) Condemns Al-Shabaab Attack on SYL Hotel in Mogadishu OSINT SUMMARY African Union through the AMISOM’s Head of Mission has […]
- AMISOM Condemns Terror Attack Targeting UN & Halane Military Base in Mogadishu MOGADISHU, July 27, 2016 The African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM […]