The meeting also discussed in length security support to the electoral process due to start in Somalia later in the month.
Strategy on how AMISOM troops will degrade Al-Shabaab was also reviewed at the Djibouti meeting.
Also deliberated were the issues to do SNA re-organization, training and payment of AMISOM troops’ allowances.
AU Commissioner for Peace and Security Ambassador Smail Chergui and Chiefs of Defence Forces (CDFs) of Djibouti, Ethiopia and Uganda, the Deputy CDF of Burundi and Commander of the Kenya Army attended the meeting.
- 4,000 Extra AMISOM Troops Needed to Liberate More Areas in Somalia According to a report compiled by CCTV news, African Union Mission in Somalia […]
- African Union (AU) Agree to Train Somali Troops before AMISOM Exit in 2018 African Union (AU) on Monday announced its plan to train Somali troops (SNA) to the […]
- UPDF Chief Visit Somalia, Calls for Speedy Security Sector Reforms The Chief of Defence Forces of Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF), Katumba Wamala […]
- Review AMISOM Funding, Uganda now Wants 6th February 2017, Kampala: Uganda has called on the concerned partners to review the […]
- 10 Years on, UPDF’s Long Battle against Harakat Shabaab Mujahideen Movement in Somalia Key Points 10 Years on since entry of UPDF in Somalia 44,999 […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Security Heightened in Mogadishu as Somalia Set to Host IGAD Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security has been heightened up in Mogadishu as Somalia is set […]
- African Union (AU) Call for Additional Deployment of 4,000 Troops in Somalia The Military Operations Coordination Committee (MOCC) for AU peacekeeping mission in […]