The African Union (AU) on Sunday invited officials from Sudan and South Sudan for talks to do with security affecting the two countries.
The official from the two nations to meet in Ethiopia’s capital, Addis Ababa where several outstanding issues affecting them were to be discussed in length.
The officials from the two nations have received invitation from the head of the AU High-level Implementation Panel (AUHIP), Thabo Mbeki. The meeting expected to kick off on May8-9.
Among issues expected to top in the discussion include implementation of joint cooperation agreements in the security field including border demarcation, the demilitarized zone and the file of sheltering and supporting the armed movements.
On March 8, 2013, Sudan and South Sudan signed a matrix deal in Addis Ababa in which they committed to implement a previously signed security arrangement, which stipulates an immediate withdrawal of forces from the joint borders, along with establishing a safe demilitarized zone between the two countries.
- African Union (AU) Calls on New South Sudan FVP General Taban Deng Gai to Step Down The African Union (AU) Peace and Security Council (PSC) has called on the newly […]
- Kenya Deports James Gatdet Dak, South Sudan Rebel Leader’s Spokesman to Juba Kenyan government working with South Sudanese authorities deported James Gatdet Dak […]
- António Guterres, UN Chief Appoints Rwandan Commander to Lead UNMISS António Guterres, UN Sectretary General appointed a Rwandan as UNMISS force […]
- South Sudan Rejects UN Deployment of Regional Troops in Juba JUBA, August 11, 2016 The situation in South Sudan remains shaky after the […]
- UN Chief Persuade Kenya to Return Peacekeeping Force to South Sudan Kenyan troops agreed to return troops to South Sudan for peacekeeping mission after […]
- Leaders who Attended 28th AU Summit in Addis Ababa Hail Progress in Africa The recently concluded 28th Summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia hailed on significant […]
- Kenya Agrees to Rejoin South Sudan UN Force Kenya agreed to rejoin South Sudan UN Force it angrily withdrew troops from the […]
- Sudan Govt Disclose Former S. Sudan Vice President Riek Machar in Khartoum for Medical Attention OSINT SUMMARY Since the conflict between forces loyal President of South […]