AU peacekeeping troops have imposed curfew in Leego Somalia following intelligence tip-off of Al-Shabaab imminent attack.
The forces imposed announced about the curfew on Monday 22nd February 2016 saying that they have received credible intelligence indicating that Al-Shabaab were planning to conduct an attack in the town.
Following the announcement, AMISOM dispatched heavily armed contingents to major streets and joints in the town
Corresponding reports from locals to the media indicate the curfew was affected on Monday evening saying normalcy resumed Tuesday.
- SNA and AMISOM Forces Retake Qoordhere From Al-Shabaab Militants MILITARY BRIEF Latest military reports from Somalia indicate SNA supported by […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- Ethiopia To Deploy Additional Troops & Attack Helicopters To AMISOM MILITARY BRIEF Ethiopia revealed that it will send more troops and helicopters to […]
- Galmuduug Forces Raid Al-Shabaab Militants, Dislodge them Out From Aad and Eel-Abdi Villages OSINT SUMMARY March 2, 2016, Galmuduug forces raid Al-Shabaab bases in the two […]
- Puntland Forces Regains Control of Gara’ad After Al-Shabaab Retreat PUNTLAND Somalia, March 16, 2016 EVENT Al-Shabaab fighters […]
- Fresh Fighting Between Puntland Forces and Al-Shabaab Militants Erupts in Dabakarale Village PUNTLAND Somalia, March 20, 2016 Military intelligence reports from […]
- Residents of Mudug Clash with Al-Shabaab Over Zakah Collection, 22 Al-Shabaab Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY MUDUG, Somalia: 22 Al-Shabaab militants were killed after resident […]
- KDF Fighter Jets Bomb Al-Shabaab Operational Base in TuloBarwaqo, Gedo Region MILITARY BRIEF Thursday 25th February 2016, Kenyan fighter jets are reported to have […]