ATPU detectives in Likoni arrested three (3) terror suspects linked to circulation of leaflets aimed to radicalize youths.
The detectives identified the suspects as Mohamood Majid 39, Mohammed Bakari Dzengo 29, and Mwalimu Shabaan, 41.
The three assailant were locked at police station in Likoni after they were lured by the investigators who have been tacking them.
Initial Police reports say the suspects belong to an illegal organization called Hizbul Tahrir linked to publishing leaflets likely to instill fear among residents.
Some of the leaflets recovered by police warned that democracy and leadership of a few will only be obtained but its consequence are will affect majority.
The radicalization leaflets had been pinned on walls in various parts of Likoni. Police officers were tasked to remove them.
- 3 Women Linked with Botched Mombasa Police Station Attack, Arraigned in Court Three women linked with botched Mombasa police station attack were on Wednesday 21st […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- British National Arrested in an Al-Shabaab Swoop in Gigiri Police drawn from Flying Squad and Special Crime Prevention Unit Tuesday midday […]
- Two Iranians Sentenced to 15 Years in Jail Over Terror Charges at High Court, Nairobi EVENT SUMMARY In June 2013, two Iranians identified as Ahmad Mohammad and Sayed […]
- Police Investigating Mosque in Likoni over Radicalization Claims Police in Likoni are investigating a mosque alleged to be linked to terrorism […]
- Al-Shabaab Arms Smuggler Arrested in Dadaab Refugee Camp DADAAB Kenya, March 14, 2016 A high ranking Al-Shabaab operative was over […]
- Suspected Watalia Criminal Gang Ringleader Arrested in Likoni, Mombasa Mombasa, KENYA: Police on Saturday 25/3/2017 arrested a suspected ringleader of the […]
- 3 Robbers Shot Dead By Police Officers in Nyali, Mombasa County CRIME BRIEF, March 22, 2016 Three armed gangsters were shot dead by police […]