The military air operations that began on Saturday targeted Taliban’s hideouts at various separate locations in North Waziristan’s Shawal area.
The aerial bombardments saw six terrorist hideouts and unconfirmed numbers of their vehicles destroyed in the airstrike an official said.
A second Pakistani security official confirmed the airstrikes and the death toll though exact number could not be independently verified.
Pakistan has been conducting major offensives against terrorist hideouts across the troubled northwestern tribal regions from June last year when militants raided Karachi International Airport ending the government efforts to initiate peace talks.
Pakistan also intensified the military operations after pro-Taliban elements killed over 150 most of them children in an armed assault on a school in Peshawar in December 2014.
More than 3,600 militants have been killed since Pakistan entered an alliance with the US in 2001. Thousands Pakistanis have also been displaced by the wave of violence and militancy sweeping across the country.
- Pakistani Airstrikes Offensives Leaves 22 Militants Killed in North Waziristan OSINT SUMMARY At least 22 militants were killed in intensive aerial strikes […]
- 47 Taliban Fighters Killed By Pakistan Military Pakistani military on Thursday claimed to have killed at least 47 Taliban fighters in […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Lashkar-E-Islam Leader Salahuddin Ayubi among 30 Militants Killed in Pakistani Airstrikes along Afghan Border The notorious leader of Lashker-e-Islam was among the 30 militants who were killed by […]
- Pakistani Taliban Confirms Senior Commanders Killed in Pakistan-Afghan Border Pakistani Taliban confirmed through a statement released through their pro-media that […]
- Pakistani Army Chief Approves Executions of 30 Terrorists Wednesday 19/4/2017, Pakistani Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa signed execution […]
- US Air Strikes Kill 20 Taliban Militants in Afghanistan Operations KEY HIGHLIGHTS On Tuesday 20th October 2015, at least 20 Taliban militants reportedly […]
- 6 Jamaatul Ahrar Militants Killed In Counter-terrorism Raid in Multan, Pakistan The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) of Punjab conducted raids on militants’ […]