December 11, 2015: Heavily armed gun men attacked a military training base in Ngagara, north of Bujumbura in Burundi and a military training college in the south of the capital in the 0400hrs incident.
The two coordinated attacks have left dozens killed among them the assailants according to senior military sources at the scene.
The attack lasted at least 2 hours and was characterized by heavy gunfire from both sides. At the Ngagara military base, the troops were able to kill all the attackers while the southern attack was repulsed by the military trainees.
These attacks come in the wake of ongoing negotiation talks between the government and the opposition following months of violence geared at working out a ceasefire framework.
- Armed Rebels Kill Four Civilians in South Sudan’s Yambio At least four people were killed in an attack conducted by armed rebels in Yambio, […]
- 13 Al-Shabaab Terrorists Killed in Joint U.S.-Somali Strike Thirteen (13) Al-Shabaab terrorists were killed in a joint raid by U.S. and Somali […]
- Somalia’s Ahlu Sunna Waljama’a Planning to Attack Galmudug Administration and Control the State The Somali based Ahlu Sunna Waljama'a militia has declared a full-fledged war on […]
- 2 Senior SPLA-IO Military Generals Pledge Allegiance to Machar OSINT SUMMARY Fighting continues to be report in northern Juba South Sudan […]
- 30 Elite Force Troops in Burkina Faso Shun Office, Raise Fear of Armed Opposition Militia Highlight Burkina Faso Secretary General of the Defence Ministry announced in a press […]
- Afghan Special Forces Retake Kunduz and Kill 150 Taliban Militants Thursday 1st October 2015 in a statement released by Afghanistan’s Ministry of Defense, […]
- 5 Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, 2 Receive 50 Years in Jail over 2010 Kampala Bombings 2010 Kampala Bombings Terrorists Face Justice Uganda High Court on Tuesday […]
- 15 Al Shabaab Militants Killed By Interim South West Somalia State Forces In Baidoa 15 al Shabaab militants were on 7th January reported killed in fierce gun fight that […]