Uganda Police spokesperson Andrew Felix Kaweesi was shot dead by unknown gunmen just about 100 metres away from his home in Kulambiro, Nakawa Division, and Kampala.
Kaweesi doubled as spokesman and Assistant Inspector General of Uganda Police was killed along three other offices on Friday shortly after leaving his home.
Presidential Press Secretary, Linda Nabusayi confirmed of the heinous incident to the media and the whole country saying the police will not rest until the culprits are apprehended.
A police squad arrived at the crime scene together with Inspector General of Police Kale Kayihura to ascertain what could have happened.
Kaweesi who held the position of Director Human Resource was elevated in August 2016 by IGP Kayihura to special police spokesman in an effort to repair police tainted by a string of brutality case and public relations nightmares.
- Interpol Boss, Asan Kasingye Appointed New Uganda Police Spokesperson Thursday, March 23, 2017- Uganda’s Inspector General of Police (IGP) Kale […]
- Inspector General of Police, Kale Kayihura Lauds Uganda Police for Doing a Good Job On Tuesday 9th August 2016, Uganda’s Inspector General of Police, Kale Kayihura […]
- Uganda: Gen David Sejusa Aides Jailed to 15 Years for Treason EVENT SUMMARY KAMPALA: A Uganda military court on Monday 18th July 2016 […]
- IGP Kayihura Deploys Over 100 Flying Squad Officers to Troubled Kasese Uganda’s Inspector General of Police (IGP) General Kale Kayihura has deployed […]
- Uganda Police Kill Suspected Post-election Violence Mastermind in Bundibugyo Uganda police killed a suspected post-election mastermind in Bundibugyo […]
- Two Kenyan Nationals Nabbed in Kampala Uganda over Arms Trafficking Kampala, July 26, 2016 Uganda police have arrested two Kenyan nationals over […]
- Police Arrest Two Sheikhs over Armed Robberies at Malaba & Busia Border Towns Police in Malaba and Busia border towns arrested two Sheikhs over a series of armed […]
- 10 Ugandan Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) Rebels Face Death Sentence for Crimes against Humanity 10 Ugandan allied democratic forces rebels get death sentence for killing of innocent […]