AMISOM troops today launched attacks on the towns of Bulo-Marer and Barawe, two Al Shabab stronghold towns in Lower Shabelle region in the ongoing Operation Indian Ocean.
This is the second phase of Indian Ocean Operation and so far it has managed to captured the villages of Gol Weyn and Danaw from Al Shabab militia.
Al-Shabaab militants based on the areas staged spirited resistance but they were pushed back by the AMISOM troops.
AMISOM troops were 20 kilometers from the strategic town of Bulo-Marer, a town where French commandos staged a rescue mission which went wrong leading to the death of the spy-hostage and two special forces drawn from the French elite forces.
Al Shabab have admitted that there is heavy fighting in Bulo-Marer and Shalanbod areas.
- AMISOM Troops Advance toBarawe and Bulo-Marer in Somalia AMISOM troops today launched attacks on the towns of Bulo-Marer and Barawe, two Al […]
- AMISOM Capture Al-Shabaab second largest base in Somalia AMISOM troops have took control of the strategic town of Bulo Marer in the Lower […]
- Al-Shabaab Flee AMISOM Operation Indian Ocean Advance in Tiyeglow in Somalia Ethiopian troops under AMISOM have attacked and liberated the town of Tiyeglow in […]
- Iranian Weapons on Somali Coast; Aussie & French Navy Arms Catch INT Tehran is believed to be behind shipments of weapons captured by French and […]
- Kenya Special Forces Conduct Rescue Mission in Kismayu Somalia AMISOM Troops in Kismayu launched a rescue mission that led to the killing of Al-Shabaab […]
- SNA-AMISOM Recaptures Key Village Of Lanta-Buuro In Lower Shabelle From Al Shabaab Fighters March 1, 2016: The Somali National Army backed by allied AMISOM troops have retaken […]
- Operation Indian Ocean AMISOM Gains Ground Against Al-Shabaab AMISOM troops operating inside Somalia has pushed Al-Shabaab militants out of villages […]
- 2 Apache Attack Helicopter Gunships in Brega Libya from HMS Ocean. 2 Apache helicopters were used on Libyan forces early Saturday, British military […]