Intelligence sources revealed on June 17th 2015 the launch of a massive operation to wipe out Al Shabaab terrorists from Mogadishu and the rest parts of Somalia.
Operation ‘Secure Mogadishu’ was jointly embraced by the AMISOM troops and Somalia Special Forces to preempt threats by Al Shabaab who were targeting to increase attacks during the holy month of Ramadan.
According to Somali security forces, the patrol teams are operating on a 24-hour basis, to provide both proactive and reactive responses to security situations.
So far, dozens of individuals suspected to be members of the terror group have been arrested in
operation ‘Secure Mogadishu’.
- Al Shabaab Loses More Territories as a Dozen Terrorists are Killed AMISOM and allied forces have captured more territories from Al Shabaab in Hudur region. […]
- Al Shabaab Attack on Bosaso Thwarted. An al Shabaab attack on a military outpost in Bosaso was successfully repulsed on […]
- Al Shabaab Captures Area Abandoned by AMISOM, also Ambushes Government Convoy Al Shabaab has captured Buq-Gosar village after the Ethiopian contingent previously […]
- KDF Airstrikes Kill 27 Al Shabaab Terrorists Airstrikes conducted by KDF as part of a combined (AMISOM) offensive against Al Shabaab […]
- Al Shabaab Activates Assassination Squads for Asymmetric Warfare. The Somali terror group, Al Shabaab, today assassinated a Somali lawmaker, Abdullahi […]
- Outgoing Somalia Ambassador to Kenya; Not All Somalis Are Terrorists Outgoing Somalia ambassador to Kenya Mohamed Nur is now calling on the Kenyan government […]
- Al Shabaab Terrorists Captured During Battle as Terrorists Lose More Territories An undisclosed number of Al Shabaab terrorists have been captured in Garbahaarey region […]
- Al Shabaab Recruiting Professionals to Fortify and Brace Islamist Resilience Al Shabaab has suffered a series of ill-fortunes alternating between loss of territories […]