AMISOM is asking international community to intervene and help stem Al-Shabaab Financiers.
Corresponding sentiments were echoed by head of state from troops contributing countries in the last meeting held in Djibouti.
During the meeting on Djibouti, the head of state urged international community to help cut financial links and also punish financiers of Al-Shabaab whenever they are caught.
According to African Union representative for Somalia, Ambassador Madeira Francisco, AU is working with international community to bar flow of weapons to the horn of Africa nation.
In March 2016, in separate incidents, French and Australian navies operating under combined Maritime forces intercepted Somali-bound ships carrying large haul of weapons believed to be consignments for Al-Shabaab.
The haul of weapons was seized according to United Nations Security Council mandated arms embargo to prevent illegal weapons reaching designated terrorist group.
Ambassador Madeira said AMISOM is committed in helping Somalia strengthen its government institutions and especially the national army in order to restore and maintain the rule of law.
Ambassador Maidera also expressed optimism that war against Al-Shabaab will be work will collaboration of Somalia people in a joint effort to stabilize and reconstruct the country.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- AMISOM Calls on Somalis to Return Home, Help Rebuild Country OSINT SUMMARY A senior official in African Union Mission In Somalia (AMISOM) […]
- AU Opens New Military Training Facility To Boost Security in Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Africa Union (AU) peacekeeping mission in Somalia (AMISOM) has […]
- AU Special Envoy for Somalia Francisco Madeira, Holds Security Talks With Jubbaland President Ahmed Madobe KISMAYO Somalia, March 15, 2016 On Sunday 13th March 2016, the Special […]
- AU Mission Hopeful of Progress in Somalia after Farmajo Win AU envoy in Somalia said that there is hope for Somalia after successful election […]
- AMISOM Need 9,000 More Army Soldiers in Somalia The African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) is in need of 9,000 more army soldiers […]
- De-radicalize Somali Youths, Ambassador Madeira Francisco, AU Special Representative for Somalia Asserts Mogadishu, April 28, 2016 AU Special Representative for Somalia Ambassador […]
- French Warship Seizes Huge Weapons Consignment Bound For Somalia; Hundreds Of Machine Guns, Anti-Tank Weapons And AK-47s March 29, 2016: French Navy Frigate FS Provence has intercepted a huge weapons […]