Monday, April 3, 2017, Al-Qaeda-affiliated Al-Shabaab terrorists kidnapped four aid workers in southern Somalia.
The abducted aid workers are said to be working for World Health Organisation (WHO).
The abduction took place after gunmen believed to be Al-Shabaab fighters attacked a car that the WHO workers were travelling in near Luuq town in Gedo region.
WHO local staff members were kidnapped as they left Luuq town and heading for Maqaney area for vaccination campaign.
Al-Shabaab terrorists took the aid workers and their vehicle to Golweyn area, about 30Km away from Luuq town, near Somalia’s border with Kenya.
Local elders reportedly making efforts that could pave the way for the release of the kidnapped humanitarian workers.
Several attacks on aid workers perpetrated by Al-Shabaab terrorists have happened in central and southern Somalia. The intention of these kidnappings is asking for ransom and stealing of aid supplies (Food, water and medicine).
The terrorist group in turn is reportedly distributing the stolen aid supplies to the areas under its control in a bid to win public support from the starving locals.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorists Try to Distribute Food to Win Support from Somali People The Al-Qaida-affiliated terrorists group Al-Shabaab is trying to improve its […]
- Kenya and Somalia to Scale-up Joint Operations on War against Terrorism Kenya and Somalia leaders vowed to scale-up joint operations against the Islamist […]
- Somalia President Laud Kenyan Defenses Forces (KDF) Battling Al-Shabaab Kenya and Somalia on Thursday 23/3/2017 vowed to scale-up war against the extremist […]
- Anti-Terror Police (ATPU) Gun Down Mohammed Bakari, an Al-Shabaab Returnee, Recover Grenades OSINT SUMMARY Anti-terror police (ATPU) in Diani, Kwale County on Sunday 14th […]
- Al Shabaab Resulting To Kidnaping For Ransoms To Raise Money For Their Activities; As AMISOM Choke Their Supplies Event Summary: Al Shabaab has set free three local aid employees that were […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Al-Shabaab Taking Advantage of Hunger Crisis to Drum up Support Al-Shabaab terrorist group is now taking advantage of hunger crisis that has hit the […]
- Unidentified Warplanes Bombard an Al-Shabaab Terrorists in Yimbis Base, Afgoye Somalia Latest reports by Somalia Media and referenced by Somalia National News Agency […]