Intelligence officials in Kenya backed by anti-terror police (ATPU) have busted a terrorist cell safe-house in Isiolo town in Isiolo County in North Eastern Kenya and arrested two cell members who were managing the cell-safe-house.
The cell belongs to the Somali based Islamist terror group Harakat Al-Shabaab Al-Mujahideen (HSM) thus a severe blow to the terrorists recruitment and criminal operations.
According to the intelligence officials, the cell was involved in recruiting youths to join the terror group militia in Somalia and assembly of improvised explosive devices (IED's).
Bomb making material including flex cables, iron nails, phones among other IED assembly and making material were recovered in the house.
This is a major blow to the terror group which is at its lowest ebb since it started conducted criminal activities in Somalia.
Kenya has been steadfast in fighting the terror group. Nairobi’s counter terrorism strategy remains as one of the most unique in the world.
Public and security officers are having a robust partnership against the terrorists. This has enable Kenya to record significant gains against radicalization and terror attacks in past one year despite concentration of sympathetic elements in the North Easter Province which directly borders Somalia (base to the HSM terrorists)
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Cache of Arms & Explosives Captured From Terror Cell in Garissa, Kenya 26th August 2015, A Joint task force of Kenya security forces recovered deadly ammo, […]
- Al-Shabaab Terror Group Attacks in Mokowe, Lamu, Kenya Countered Robustly Terror group Harakat Al-Shabaab mujahideen (HSM) attempted to destroy a […]
- Kenya Security Agencies on Alert: U.S Revise Travel Advisory, Warns of Al-Shabaab Threats The State Department on Thursday 30th June 2016 revised its travel advisory for the […]
- Terror Suspect Killed, 3 Arrested in Malindi Anti-terror Ops A terror suspect was killed and three others arrested during a shootout during […]
- Police At Coast Heighten Security Following Terror Threats in Mombasa EVENT SUMMARY Kenyan police beginning Sunday 24th July 2016 are on high alert […]
- Mandera County Commissioner Call Residents NOT to Harbour Al-Shabaab Terrorists Mandera County Commissioner Fredrick Shisia called on residents not to harbour […]