Reports from coastal region of Kenya indicate that an Al-Shabaab terror suspected was arrested on Wednesday 18th May 2016 by the Anti-terror Police and explosive materials recovered.
Regional police boss, Francis Wanjohi confirmed of the arrests saying the terror suspect identified as Mohammed Adana, was arrested while ferrying the materials allegedly used to manufacture Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
According to Mr. Wanjohi the boat the suspect was using to ferry the IEDs making chemicals was als seized by the anti-terror police.
"We are holding one suspect whom we believe could be part of Al-Shabaab militants who were planning attacks in the coastal town of Lamu. The seized chemicals have been handed over to ballistic experts for analysis," the police commander said.
Initial police investigation points that the suspect believed to have received training in Somalia was at an advanced stage to carry out an attack at unspecified locations especially in Lamu or Malindi.
The suspect has been detained at a police station from which investigation will continue for 30 days.
There was need for an interpreter as the suspect could not understand Kiswahili or English. Interrogation continues with possibility of arresting his accomplices.
On April 14, 2016 an alert of terror attack was issued in the Kenyan coast town of Malindi and Lamu following an intelligence alert of a possible impending attack by the Islamist terrorist group.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Kenya’s Security Forces Nab 8 Al-Shabaab Terror Suspects in Coastal Region, Kwale and Lamu EVENT SUMMARY Kenya’s security forces on Tuesday 21st June […]
- Anti-terror Detectives Kill Al-Shabaab Operative in Kwale Town Police report confirms that on Wednesday, anti-terror detectives acting on […]
- ATPU Arrest a Terror Suspect of Yemeni Origin at Likoni Ferry Channel Anti-Terror Police Unit (ATPU) on Thursday 11th August 2016 arrested a terror suspect […]
- Kenya’s ATPU Questions Rashid Juma Mwakimako, Al-Shabaab Recruiter in Mombasa EVENT SUMMARY Police reports from Mombasa indicate that Kenya’s […]
- Police At Coast Heighten Security Following Terror Threats in Mombasa EVENT SUMMARY Kenyan police beginning Sunday 24th July 2016 are on high alert […]
- Security Scaled-up in Kenya’s Coastal Region as High Tourist Season Begins OSINT SUMMARY Kenya’s security agencies are working closely in securing […]
- 2 Most Wanted Al Shabaab Suspects Arrested In Mombasa; Explosives Recovered 15th January 2015: Kenya Security Officers on Friday arrested two of the ‘MOST WANTED’ […]