The terrorist who was arrested today in mid-morning was on-board a United Nations (UN) vehicle.
Kenya’s Intelligence Service towards the end of last week issued an alert for three lost UN- vehicle number plates.
The arrested terrorist is believed to be a leader of an active Al-Shabaab operative cell in the country.
Al Shabaab militants believed to have stolen the number plates with an aim of using them in mounting suicide vehicle bound improvised explosive devices (SVBIED) and later conducting attacks on soft targets in Kenya.
The terror operative has been taken in custody for interrogation.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Kenya Intelligence & Police Informers & Al-Shabaab Defectors Found Killed & Buried in Mass Graves The al-Qaeda-affiliated Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement Amniyaat operatives under […]
- Kenya on High Alert After Intelligence Services Warn of Possible Terror Attacks The Republic of Kenya is on high alert after its security intelligence service (The […]
- Ismael Musamia a Most Wanted Al-Shabaab Suspect Arrested in Eastleigh, Nairobi Anti-terror police (ATPU) in a raid earlier this week arrested a most wanted terror […]
- Al Shabaab Targeting Nairobi and Mombasa Towards End of Ramadhan, Intelligence Services Kenya is on high alert over possible terror attacks in the capital Nairobi and the […]
- Kenya Security Agencies Foil Massive Weekend Terror Attack Plotted by Mohamed Kuno Gamadheere EVENT SUMMARY 2 Terrorists cell-operators under instructions from Garissa […]
- Al-Shabaab Suicide Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (SVBIED) Surge Foretells Strategy EVENTS SUMMARY On 22 August 2015 Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen's Istishhadyin […]