Security at the coastal County of Lamu has warned villagers of severe consequences if they continue spying for Al-Shabaab terrorists.
Lamu has been at the center of Al-Shabaab attack.
Intelligence reports have pointed out that Lamu is harbouring some Al-Shabaab sympathizers who are providing the Somali based militant group with information that is aiding the militants to conduct surprises ambushes and attacks.
County Commissioner, Joseph Kanyiri has warned villagers saying security department have suspects working with terror group.
Some of these villagers are housing the militants and helping them replenish their supplies and more so giving them food and information, Kanyiri noted.
The County boss said the suspects/sympathizers give the militants information on police and military movements and operations.
Residents of Milimani, Baure, Mangai, Kiangwe and Basuba in Lamu East have been accused of housing militants and giving them information used to plan attacks.
- Security Forces at the Coast Launch Manhunt on Al-Shabaab after Failed Ambush EVENT SUMMARY On Tuesday 12th July 2016, suspected Al-Shabaab militants […]
- Mandera County Commissioner Call Residents NOT to Harbour Al-Shabaab Terrorists Mandera County Commissioner Fredrick Shisia called on residents not to harbour […]
- Police Launch Manhunt of Al-Shabaab Suspects at Large in Kwale Police in Kwale have launched a manhunt of eight Al-Shabaab suspects who they say are […]
- 3 Terrorist Suspects Detained over Links with Botched Mombasa Police Station Attack Three terrorist suspects were on Tuesday 13th September 2016 charged with harbouring […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Mandera Governor Ali Roba Call on Residents to Help Government Fight Terrorists Mandera governor Ali Roba has called on residents to help the government fight […]
- Kenya Security Agents Step Up Surveillance on Al-Shabaab Activities along the Porous Border Kenya security agents have stepped up surveillance on Al-Shabaab activities […]
- IG of Police Joseph Boinnet Says Boni Forest, Surrounding Villages Pacified of Terrorist Activities Inspector General (IG) of Police, Joseph Boinnet has said that Boni forest and […]