Harakat Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement (HSM) better known as Al-Shabaab characterized its recent attacks as a proactive step against SNA, AMISOM and U.S. troops fighting them.
The terror group linked to Al-Qaeda recently vowed to step attacks against the government of President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed but this expanded military campaign has ended up killing innocent Somalis.
According to a translation obtained from SITE Intelligence Group, an organization that monitors extremist groups, Al-Shabaab claims they will ‘double attacks’ citing AMISOM and U.S. military expanding efforts against it.
Al-Shabaab on Sunday 9/4/2017 conducted a suicide car bomb attack targeting a military convoy but ended up killing 13 civilians in a public transport minivan. On Monday 10/4/2017, the Islamist terrorist group conducted another raid targeting a military academy in Mogadishu but it was successfully foiled.
KDF which is a part of AMISOM of late has conducted successful raids; in Badhadhe KDF killed 31 terrorists, 2 terrorists commanders killed in Kuday and 15 militants killed in Gedo region of Somalia.
President Donald Trump recently boosted U.S military authority to scale-up operations meaning now can pursue more aggressive airstrikes against Islamist insurgents in Somalia.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- President Donald Trump Boosts U.S Military Authority for Somalia Fighting Islamist Insurgents President Donald Trump boosted U.S military authority to scale-up operations in the […]
- Somalia Newly Appointed Army Chief Escapes Car Bomb Attack; At least 15 Civilians Killed The newly appointed Somalia Nation Army (SNA) Chief on Sunday 9/4/2017 escaped a car […]
- Blast Hit Close to Army Checkpoint in Outskirts of Mogadishu Hours after Al-Shabaab Vow Attack A huge explosion was reported in the outskirts of Mogadishu hours after Harakat […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Jim Mattis, U.S. Defense Secretary Lands in Djibouti to Visit key Military Base Jim Mattis, U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis landed in Djibouti on Sunday 23/4/2017 […]
- Somali US-trained ‘Danab’ Raid Al-Shabaab Base in Lower Shabelle Region Military reports from Somalia indicate that the country’s US-trained forces […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]