U.S. warplanes Tuesday on evening conducted air assaults destroying an Al-Shabaab base near Kismayo city, about 500 kilometers south of Mogadishu.
The military air sorties took place at Berhani area which is about 45 kilometers from the coastal city of Kismayo which host administrative headquarters of Jubbaland state.
Corresponding reports from local villagers confirmed of aerial bombardments against an Al-Shabaab base in Berhani, lower Jubba region.
Jubbaland state officials also confirmed of the foreign jets assaults on the Al-Shabaab base near Kismayo saying several Al-Shabaab leaders and fighters in a meeting were killed.
No comment has been issued by U.S. military but in the past U.S. and KDF fighter jets have carried out air sorties against Al-Shabaab militants in southern Somalia.
- Foreign Attack Helicopters Invade Village near Jilib, an Al-Shabaab Stronghold Latest media reports from Somalia indicate that foreign attack […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Foreign Military Warplanes Pound Al-Shabaab Camp in Somalia Latest military reports referenced by Somalia media indicate that […]
- KDF Fighter Jets Pound Two Al-Shabaab Camps in Southern Somalia OSINT SUMMARY, SOMALIA, April 23, 2016 Latest reports from Somalia indicate […]
- KDF Warplanes Strike Al-Shabaab Target in Southern Somalia Killing 10 Militants Including 4 Senior Commanders MILITARY BRIEF Reports from Somalia indicate that KDF has continued to bombard […]
- Fighter Jets Pound on Al-Shabaab Bases in Militant-held Jilib Town, Militant Causalities Reported Fighter jets believed to be from Kenyan troops on Tuesday night pounded Al-Shabaab […]
- Unidentified Warplanes Bombard an Al-Shabaab Terrorists in Yimbis Base, Afgoye Somalia Latest reports by Somalia Media and referenced by Somalia National News Agency […]
- U.S. and KDF Airstrikes Continue To Bombard Al-Shabaab Bases in Southern Somalia OSINT SUMMARY, April 14, 2016 Latest military reports from Somalia indicate […]