Al-Shabaab terrorist group staged a suicide terror attack outside the intelligence service operations facility in Mogadishu.
Several prisoners held in the facility managed to flee. Most of these prisoners were operatives and sleeper agents of the terror group.
They were under arrest for debriefing by the Somali National Intelligence Service.
However two aspects of this attack were the message cum agenda.
Attacking the intelligence service operations headquarters is very significant. That event itself warns of increased operational capability.
It draws out a picture of Al-Shabaabs intelligence Amniyaat trying to
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Establish Bases in Juba and Gedo Near Kenya for Attacks Al-Shabaab is reportedly moving its militants back to the villages and towns near […]
- Kenya Police Officers Ambushed in Yumbis Village OSINT REPORT: Suspected Al Shabaab militias on Monday evening ambushed Kenya Police […]
- Heightened Security: AMISOM Forces with Somali Police, Intensify Patrols in Mogadishu Events Tuesday, car bomb kills two and leaves four injured in […]
- UNSOM Condemns Dayah Hotel Attack in Mogadishu The United Nations Mission in Somalia (UNSOM) strongly condemned Wednesday’s […]
- National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA) Conducts Operation, Seize Vehicle Laden with Explosives MOGADISHU, July 27, 2016 Somali’s National Intelligence and Security […]