Thursday 2/3/2017, Al-Qaeda confirmed that a U.S.-led coalition drone strike killed its number two leader Abu al-Khayr al-Masri in Syria.
In a statement released by the Islamist terrorist group through their pro-media Maghreb and Arabian Peninsula branches, the terror group admitted of their number two being killed in U.S. and coalition strikes.
Egypt-born Masri, 59, a longtime operative, was second-in-command to Al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri and viewed as "jihadi royalty."
According to U.S. Defense officials, a Hellfire missile fired by a CIA drone, killed Musri on February 26.
Musri was killed while he was riding in a car near the northwest Syrian city of Idlib. Idlib is a bastion of Al-Qaeda's Syrian affiliate, Al-Nusra Front that changed its name to Fateh al-Sham Front.
Masri, also known as Abdullah Muhammad Rajab Abdulrahman, was the son-in-law of Al-Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden and a member of Al-Qaeda's shura council.
Masri sought refuge in Iran after the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States. He had been hunted by U.S. forces for almost 19 years.
- U.S. Airstrike in Syria Kills Abu Ayyub al-Masri, a Senior Al-Qaeda Leader Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook, Tuesday 22nd November 2016 confirmed that U.S. […]
- US Says it Killed Abu Hani al-Masri, Veteran Al-Qaeda Leader in Syria US says it killed Abu Hani al-Masri, veteran Al-Qaeda leader in Syria. US has […]
- Syrian Based Al-Nusra Front Militant group Break off Al-Qaeda Ties, Group’s Leader Abu Muhammad al-Golani Says OSINT SUMMARY The Al-Qaeda official branch, the Al-Nusra Front has announced […]
- U.S. President Donald Trump Gives CIA Power to Conduct Drone Strikes U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration has given CIA new powers to […]
- U.S. Military Airstrikes Kill Abu al-Farai al-Masri, Senior Al Qaeda Leader in Syria U.S. military source has revealed that their airstrike conducted on Monday 3rd […]
- U.S. Treasury Department List Abdallah Muhammad Bin Sulayman al Muhaysini Saudi Jihadist Cleric & Three others in Syria U.S. treasury department has announced Abdallah Muhammad Bin Sulayman al Muhaysini […]
- Sudan Reacts to Trump’s Restrictive Immigration Executive Order Sudan has strongly reacted to Trump’s restrictive immigration executive order. […]
- Turki Mubarak Abdullah Ahmad al-Binali ISIS Chief Cleric & Al-Baghdadi Confidant, Killed in US-led Coalition Raid Pentagon has confirmed the death of ISIS’ Chief cleric Turki Mubarak Abdullah Ahmad […]