On April 1st 2015, Al-Muhajiroun, an affiliate of the Somali militant Islamist group Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen gave hint of them conducting high-profile mass-casualty operations in northeast Kenya.
Al-Muhajiroun which postures as one solely tasked to take over Al-Qaeda activities in Kenya and Tanzania warned that they would light all East Africa with a high intensity attack on the eve of the attack.
Al-Muhajiroun posted that "A spark has been lit all over East Africa, and its intensity will reverberate around the region until the disbelievers are perished."
On 31st of March, the group attempted to stop the attack. Al-Muhajiroun seemed aware of memos circulated by Kenyan universities about impending attacks.
On that day, the group wrote on its social media " tunaomba Mujahideen hapo Afrika Mashariki wa subiri" translated as "We ask our East African brothers to wait"
The group was formed by elements close to Al-Shabaab commander Muhamed Kuno aka Dulyadeen-Gamadheere, a man wanted by Kenya authorities, under Gamadheere's instructions.
Relevancy of Al-Muhajiroun to Somali militant Islamist group Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen.
The group was formed recently under instruction of terrorists Mohamed Kuno, the commander of Al-Shabaab in Juba regions and Kenya .
This makes Al-Muhajiroun very confident. This means it is well connected in the ranks of both Al-Qaeda and Al-Shabaab.
Having information about terrorists main activities is itself indicative of how powerful the group is. It is also indicative of how connected the group is within and across the leadership of the Al-Shabaab.
Al-Muhajiroun has been conducting recruitment of professional. The group was involved in the recruitment of the three female university students arrested crossing to Somalia by Kenya Security Forces.
This group is the replacement for groups like Al-Hijra which have been losing clout as jihadists. Al-Qaeda is actually seeking to better its defense against ISIS which seeks to establish ties and networks with East African jihadists.
- Al-Muhajiroun in East Africa Threatens East Africa & UN Officials A Terror group calling itself Al-Muhajiroun (emigrants of East Africa) has threatened […]
- Tanzania Increases Surveillance & Reconnaissance on Terrorism OSINT Summary; Tanzania has increased offensive operations targeting elements of the […]
- Harakat Al-Shabaab Al Mujahideen: Potent Threat To Africa, Why KDF Must Stay Put In Somalia The East African region and more so Kenya are near the brewing pot of an al-Qaeda […]
- Al Hijra Sets Camp in Tanzania Al Hijra – the Kenyan arm of al Shabaab – has extended its terror tentacles and has now […]
- Critical Threats as Al Shabaab Terrorists Threatens East Africa During Ramadhan Event Summary: Throughout the month of May 2015 and early June 2015, Strategic […]
- Al Muhajiroun Denies Links To Radical Preacher Accused Of Terrorism In The UK Event: Radical preacher Anjem Choudary appeared before Westminster Magistrates’ […]
- Yumbis Breached by Terrorists, Intelligence Service Warns of Bandit & Kidnaps in North Eastern Kenya Kenya Security Intelligence Services warn that there will be attacks on civilians, […]
- Al-Shabaab’s 4-Cities Christmas SVBIED Terror Attacks in East Africa Kenya intelligence and security services are aware of a plot by the Al-Qaeda branch […]